Re: my car runs!(but I need help)

To: pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net, Dbcooper292@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my car runs!(but I need help)
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 22:22:55 EDT
In a message dated 7/3/04 12:29:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net writes:

> It might be, but you won't know until you've figured in the total advance of
> the dizzy.  Might cut it back a tad to 8BTDC if you can get that accurate.
> Do it with the vacuum off the dizzy.

I have the same setup--1500, Crane XR700,  Weber Downdraft carb.  I set mine
at about 8 and it does fine. I found out also that it runs better, for some
reason, with the vacuum off and plugged.  Now that should start a debate, but
it
DOES run better without the vacuum.  I was wondering if the electronic
ignition advanced itself in some way?

--David C.