Re: Exhaust header question

To: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust header question
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:44:02 -0400
Cc: Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Jim Juhas wrote:

>  The PO welded
> the header tube to the exhaust system pipe, making it one
> solid piece from the engine back to the muffler.  It seems
> to me that I have to cut it somewhere to remove the engine,

Jim

Try removing the carbs and header from the manifold/head.
Set the carbs on the brake pedal box keeping the cables still attached.
Wire the header to the steering column and just be a bit careful when
the engine comes out.
Another time saver is to remove the bottom slave bolt from under the car
but wait until you pull the engine out a bit to get to that top slave
bolt. Let the slave hang by the pipe and you shouldn,t have to bleed it
on the replacement.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ