Questions on a '75 Midget

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Questions on a '75 Midget
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 11:44:29 -0600
I'm new to the list, having just purchased a '75 Midget a few months back.
I've putzed with the car for a bit and have a few questions:

1. Is this the right list for rubber bumper Midget 1500's ?

2.  The car came with a Lucas 25D distributor mounted on it.  Is this
standard for the '75 Midgets brought into Canada?  (I have a '76 BL Manual
and it makes no mention of anything but electronic ignition.).  Would the
point gap and plugs be the same as the '74?

3.  I have had trouble getting the car to idle slow enough.  I rerouted the
piping on the carbon canister as shown in the '76 manual, but still idles
fast.  Checked the choke and no change.  I think I have it narrowed down to
lack of orifices at the carburetor purge pipe and the carbon canister (too
much air bypassing the carb damper) - anyone know the diameter of the
orifices so I can make a couple?  Also, where does the pipe into the back of
the filter housing go to (no mention of a connection to there in the '76
Manual).

4.  The car leans ever so slightly to the left - how best to check if I need
to replace the front springs or the rear springs?

That's about it for now (more to come I am sure!).

Thanks.

Bob
'75 Midget