Re: car runs need help further update

To: <Dbcooper292@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: car runs need help further update
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:55:00 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Aha! Are you sure you dont have a vacuum RETARD on that dizzy? Depending
on the year (I don't remember your year), the 45DE4 dizzy had a vacuum
retard on it. First thing you should do is disconnect the vacuum
totally, plug the line, and set the timing for 30-32 BTDC max advance,
or about 12-14 BTDC at idle if you don't have the adjustable timing
light. See what happens.

BTW, if you have a Bentley manual, you can look up the advance curve in
the front section of the book. It'll also tell you if it has a retard or
not. Most of the retard dizzys were set at 2 degrees ATDC, so if you
have a nice cam in there, throw out the vacuum and just use the
mechanical advance.

If you don't have a Bentley, post the numbers on the side of the dizzy
and I can look up the specs for you later tonight. You'll see 45DE4
##### WWYY.
##### is the Lucas part number(like 41808, for example), and WWYY is the
week and year of manufacture.

-=Chris