Re: Bad Brake Pressure

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Bad Brake Pressure
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:18:20 -0700
Thanks to everyone who responded. The group consensus was to re-adjust
rear drums. Finally had time this weekend between extra work hours,
honey-do lists and new non-LBC project car to deal with brakes. Have
bugeye upon on 4 jackstands and adjusted rear drums until they stopped
wheels & then backed off slightly. Son-in-law pumped & I bled. Pedal
pressue did not improve significantly.

However this time when I was doing front discs I noticed that only the
inside piston & brake pad are moving (both sides). The outside pad is
not, in fact only the outside 1/2" of rotor shows any sign wear. This
does not seem right to me. Shouldn't both pistons be pushing the brake
pads onto the rotor? Yes/No?

I rebuilt the calipers but seems that I did not do it correctly. Should
I just buy new calipers or is there something I can do to fix these? Any
suggestions?

Thanks again to everyone for their advice to previous post.

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA