Pa Rally/Pigout

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pa Rally/Pigout
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:47:07 -0400
Anyone within 500 miles of eastern PA this weekend that didn't attend The 5th
annual Valentine LBC rally missed one of the seasons premier events.  David &
Paula Campbell (sp) drove up from Tennessee! This is getting to be sort of a
cult gathering.  The Valentine's work their BUTTS off getting this together,
they print these MONSTER rally instruction sheets designed to make everyone
crazy (this is good) Larry Macy didn't notice.  Not printed instructions,
pictures of all the turns, out of order. Not easy stuff. Everyone goes off not
at 2-5 minute intervals as is the norm, but rather all at the same time (try
not to hit each other leaving the parking lot.) into some of the prettiest
countryside anywhere for 4-5 great hours. Penny and I didn't run it, rather we
helped Kathy with checkpoint duties.

This was not just a rally, but a scavenger hunt too. Kathy Valentine told me
that she never expected that most of the scavenger items would be found. Some
of it was HARD to find stuff, like a railroad tie for gods sake, but even that
was brought back by one participant, don't ask, who shall remain nameless.
(Frank, if I mentioned that it was you, I figure these guys on the list are
tough and you wouldn't want the harassment.) Anyhow, everyone  from came back
with CARLOADS of required crap .... ehh make that required scavenger items.
Not only that, if you need to know the price of a months supply of Viagara,
ask anyone on the Rally list.

The after Rally dinner consisted of enough Beer, pop/soda, sandwiches, pizza
cake, and 5 or 6 different kinds of chips etc. to feed at least double the
number of those attending. Then there's keyrings, refrigerator magnets, (cute
British ones), NICE prizes for the winners, more prizes for the last place
loser. Even a gift exchange with a twist.

This all being hosted at the Valentines home. The price for all of the above
was FREE for list members.  Other than a pizza donation hat, Kevin, Kathy &
son Rob footed the bill here for the fifth year in a row, AND they want to do
it again next year.

If you can make it next summer, do try to attend, you'll have a ball, it's
very casual, friendly, full of LBC atmosphere, you'll leave for home with a
(full) tummy ache, and on top of it all, god looks down to give Kevin good
weather EVERY time. (I wish I knew how he does that)

Thank you all Kevin, Kathy & Rob
If you'll have us, we'll be back
George Procyshyn
'58 AN5