weber and plug gap queries

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: weber and plug gap queries
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:20:52 EDT
I read in a weber tuning book that cars with Elec. Ign conversions shouldn't
use stock plug gap.  Any thoughts on this?  I've been gapping my plugs to 25
per the stock setting, any reason to do different? (crane 700)

Also any thoughts on this?  My weber will run with the idle screw completely
closed.  It's not because of a too-high idle speed, the speed screw is hardly
touching and the motor is idling so low you can't even put a screwdriver on
the idle screw it's lurching around so much (maybe 700 rpm).  The reasons I've
read (extremely high float level, high idle speed) don't ring true, what would
be causing this?

One possibility I considered was the accel. pump linkage being activated
prematurely and dripping in fuel, can that happen?  Curious how quickly the
throttle should be activating that linkage, because ANY movement of my throttle
does
it and I think it may be too early.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!