0-5 psi oil pressure

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 0-5 psi oil pressure
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:32:17 -0400
Well today I had a christening to attend and it was supposed to rain so
I took PIECES cause the top goes up quick in case of rain.
Cruising down the parkway at 75 mph when I notice 5 PSI on the oil gauge.
Oh Sheet! or something like that. No oil in the boot, 5 miles to go to
the exit and another 4 or 5 to the party.
Fresh rebuilt 1098, still has it's first tank of gas, how could it need oil?
At the party I find it 3 qts low. Looks like a leat at the oil gauge
pipe/block fitting. try to tighen it up, it was tight. Fill up with oil,
still leaks.
The banjo bolt just above the oil pipe was leaking. But it was tight too.
Probably a split copper washer or something under it. I didn't get into
it yet cause now it's raining and the garage has tetanus and my Sprite
in it.
But with some oil, it jumped back up to 60 psi and there are no knocks
so I got lucky.
I love the 1098 long stroke sound and since this is our "touring"
Sprite, I'll keep that engine in it for now. We don't have to go fast
while touring ;)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ