sputterin car continue

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: sputterin car continue
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:14:24 -0500 cp.theflashfire.net tests=HTML_50_60,HTML_FONT_FACE_ODD, HTML_MESSAGE autolearn=no version=2.63
All the great suggestions, Im honing in on the problem, it most
definantly  is contaminates. I drove the car 30 miles tonight with no
problem, went to a little cruise in (there was even a crosley there, and
2 metropolitans) and on the way out of the show I kicked her in the tail
a bit, and she started sputtering again. "THAT" look came over my little
girls face lol  I told her its okay, we WILL get home, and I was hoping
this did this so I can continue the investigation.

Got home and took the bowls off and by gosh there was some more crud in
there, I may have imagined it but I thought the float on the rear bowl
was full of fuel, but once I got it to the bench it wasn't, and I didn't
see it leak out anywhere, so that may have been lighting etc.
Then I got my little 8 year old red head under the bonnet to look at the
carb bowls, that was priceless.  As we looked in there I asked her if
she knew what the liquid was in there. She said "is it oil"?  I told her
no its gas cant you smell it? She said Dad I was close, and you and your
cars always smell like that!
 Priceless!! I couldn't argue on all 3 points, owned by an eight year
old LMAO

I poked a fine bladed screw driver around the bottom of the bowl and
there is crud swimming in there.

I have 2 filters in place they are the silver cans with hose fitting in
and hose fitting out. (What I had in the shop)

Im going away for a few days, but when I get back, I am going to start
with changing the rubber lines, the copper is new, and then if I still
have the problem, Im going to drop the tank and have it boiled at a
friend of mines gas tank repair shop, (the tank was new in 2002) but I
know that can still be a problem.

Another lister suggested I look at the particles under a microscope to
determine if they were rubber, or paint flecks from inside the tank, or
just a bad tank of gas, ( I may have an idea where that came from also,,
GRRRRRRRRR) (2 guess's Blake, and your first one don't count)
I don't own a microscope, and wouldn't know what I was looking at if I
did :-) but thanks, it was a HECK of a suggestion!