RE: Ring Gear Blues

To: <Dandrew938@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Ring Gear Blues
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:54:16 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I would say your problem isn't with the flywheel, but with your choice of
suppliers and who is giving you advice.  The only thing you need to modify
on your 948 for a ribcase tranny is the backing plate.  You will need to
grind the lip off the top of your 948 backing plate or better yet use the
thicker 1098 one.  I don't know the second supplier, and won't say anything
bad about them.  You ordered the wrong part anyway.  VB makes Moss look good
as a supplier, and the fact they sent the wrong part is actually good as if
the part fit it would be junk and not last as long as the wrong one.
                Crash

Hi all

I have now reached the point of complete frustration.  I have a 60  bugeye
with a 61 948 engine in it.  Have any of you had a problem finding a
properly
sized ring gear for a 948 engine with a Ribbed case tranny?  I  have ordered
2
so far and both are to big for the flywheel.  One for a 948  through
Victoria
British and one for a 1250 (someone said that was what I had to  use for a
948
with a ribbed case tranny) trhough Engel and both are two  big.  Where am I
screwing up? Any help or insight appreciated!!!

Regards
Dan