Re: NO LBC.....Diesel Fuel Question*

To: mark@nashvilletn.org, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NO LBC.....Diesel Fuel Question*
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 06:12:34 EDT
In a message dated 7/26/04 6:48:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mark@nashvilletn.org writes:

> Would there be any advantage or harm to fill it up with Kerosene
> instead of #2 Diesel?

Here's an opinion, certainly not a chemist's response.  When I was cleaning
parts for an engine rebuild, I suggested to my seasoned mechanic guru that I
needed to get a gallon of kerosene to clean my parts in.  He said to get diesel
because it had oil in it and would keep the parts from rusting, whereas
kerosene seemed to promote rust.

I wouldn't put kerosene in a diesel tank.

--David C.