Reading the Newspaper

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Reading the Newspaper
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:08:04 -0400
Today in the Wall Street Journal there is a story about EBay scams and the
detectives who chase down scam sales - interesting. Evidently the crooks
are getting more creative to rip people off, but the enforcement is trying
to keep up. Many scams originate off-shore. Story says an EBay fraudster's
greatest friend is a trusting buyer. They tell about a guy who dropped
$61,000 on an Acura NSX that was offered in a scam deal. So do your
homework before entering into a deal.

Also... A story about how the Brits love Heniz baked beans on their toast.
The U.K. accounts for 75% of Heinz baked beans sales worldwide by volume.
The problem is that sales have been flat. So Heinz is spending 5 million
pounds on an ad campaign. The old slogan "Beanz Meanz Heinz" is being
replaced. I didn't understand the next part of the story but the paper
says;  "Poking fun at the American penchant for psychoanalysis helps
Heinz's message resonate with Britons, who adore seeing their stateside
cousins taken down a peg."

I guess this means Brit bean money may be helping to elect a US president??

Hey Guy, You eating enough beans? :)

Tim

Check out the new British Cars Forum: