Re: Sticky Valve

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Sticky Valve
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 13:29:39 -0700
The problem occurred when driving at a steady speed. Engine would start to
miss like crazy. If you let off the gas and let the revs drop to zero it
would clear and be ok for a  while. All possibilities other then inside the
engine were eliminated. It never happened when chugging around town only
when driven at a constant highway speed for a few miles.

I don't know what type of guides were installed but will check for bronze
when I get around to tearing it down. It's a completely rebuilt 948 sitting
in my garage right now.

It's a shame because the engine ran perfectly except for that small :-)
detail. It was setup with a supercharger (never installed) in mind so it was
not a hot rod. It has a stock 1098 head and standard dish +30 948 pistons so
it has pretty low compression. I don't remember now but it seems like it was
7.5-1.

I'm just trying to decide what I'm going to do with it.

Larry