Pushrod Clearance

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pushrod Clearance
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:52:15 -0700
I have encountered a problem in the assembly of my 1275.  I have Isky heavy
duty pushrods, and they are marginally larger in diameter than the stock
pushrods.  I have an aluminum head, and minispares roller rockers.  When I
attempt to center the roller tips over the valves, the pushrods rub the
sides of the passages through the head.  Do I need to enlarge the holes?  or
is there something I'm missing here?  The roller rockers have the roller
tips offset and appear to be in the correct order, as changing them around
makes things worse.

Thanks!

David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/
http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg

PS, for those who advised on my previous engine question, I ended up getting
new ARP rod bolts & nuts, new oil pump, & new ARP head studs.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: