FW: [midgetsprite] Differential

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <DLancer7676@cs.com>
Subject: FW: [midgetsprite] Differential
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 17:53:07 -0500
From Duncan Sinclair [mailto:duncan at pondhop.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 17:51
To: 'midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [midgetsprite] Differential

David,

I think you could count the teeth on the pinion and the teeth on the crown
wheel. This would give the ratio.

I think that's it but I have been wrong before <BG>

Duncan

  _____

From DLancer7676 at cs.com [mailto:DLancer7676@cs.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 17:26
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: [midgetsprite] Differential

I took a spare rear axle assembly apart today.  Axles and differential look
great.  Looks like really good, thick brake drums too.  I haven't taken the
nuts off the axles yet because they are unmarred and I refuse to use a
chisel to
loosen them and mar them up. Have to come up with a 1 7/8" socket somewhere.

I remember a discussion as to how to tell what ratio the differential is,
but
don't remember.   How do you tell what the ratio of a diff is?  Something
printed on it somewhere, as I recall.

Thanks for any information.

--David C.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129et1ouf/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1706034447:HM/EXP=1092003964/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*http:/www.n
etflix.com/Default?mqso=60183350> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=
:HM/A=2164330/rand=624597871>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*         To visit your group on the web, go to:

*         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: