British Car Days in Chicagoland

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: British Car Days in Chicagoland
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:45:49 -0500
Just wanted to hype the local British Car Show.
September 11 is the Austin-Healey Club Rallye
September 12 is the show at Morraine Valley Community College.
This show claims to be the largest annual all-British car show outside of
England. If you prove otherwise, I guess they will just tighten up the stats
to exclude your exception ;-) (Sorta like Howard Cosell statistics -- by the
time he was done defining the stat, the guy he was talking about was not
only the best, he was the only!)
It is a nice show, however, put on by a committee representing about 20 area
British car clubs. If you like to stroll around a parking lot absorbing the
aura of British cars and motorcycles and visiting Jeff Zorn and other
vendors, this is the place to be. I tend to prefer the view from the
driver's seat of my Midget, so I don't always get there. Maybe one of these
years we will convince them to put all of the Spridgets together. Maybe we
need to start a Spridget club. Good thing I am organizationally impaired.
More info at http://www.britishcarunion.com/
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
2002 GTI for Trish to beat me at autocross with

Check out the new British Cars Forum: