Re: Blind Speed Record?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blind Speed Record?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:15:21 -0500
> Mike currently holds the record with a 144.7mph run, but aims to smash it
in
> the Invicta on World Sight Day on October 14.

I am not sure that "smash" is the best verb for this sentence...

> It revives a famous old British marque and features in the Sunday Times

At least it revives the name of a famous old British marque. Reminds me of
the "Indian" motorcycles they were making such a big deal about. Other than
two wheels and an internal combustion engine, what is there in common with
"real" Indian motorcycles? What is the point of reviving the name? Are there
no more good names to use? I certainly hope that if someone decides to start
building a new car named "Sprite" or "Midget" or even "Spridget" there is
something to justify the use of the name ;-)
David Lieb
Curmudgeon at Large

Check out the new British Cars Forum: