Re: tune-up or carb?

To: lindalnhvt@nhvt.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tune-up or carb?
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 08:50:40 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/04 10:33:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lindalnhvt@nhvt.net writes:

> My 66 Sprite is beginning to stutter and sputter, more during
> accelleration. Once up to the speed I want, it's not too bad, just an
> occasional hiccup.

Check your fuel filter and the float bowl for sediment.   Sounds like you
aren't getting enough fuel for the higher demand of acceleration.  If it was ok
before, could be just a sediment/fuel blocking problem easily fixed by
replacing the fuel filter and turker-baster sucking out the bowl sediment.
Worked for
me.  8^)

--David C.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: