Leaking master cylinder

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaking master cylinder
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:49:21 -0500
I am so frustrated the new brake master cylinder is leaking after just a few
month on the car (No real use of the MC since I am still finishing the car).
I mentioned it to a friend at work who told me I should have used DOT4.
Apparently UK-DOT3 is ok but US-DOT3 is not.  Is this true? it already
distroyed some new paint.  All of the other slave cylinders & clutch seem ok
so far.  Must I rebuild everything? or can I flush & install DOT4.   Or can
I swap over to use silicon fluid (preferably).  by the way it is a 1500
midget.  Any ideas or words of encouragement?

Vince Gulley
1978 Midget 1500

Check out the new British Cars Forum: