Carburation woes

To: MG_Midgets@yahoogroups.com, "midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com"@m1.name2host.com, "spridgets@autox.team.net"@m1.name2host.com
Subject: Carburation woes
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 9:28:48 -0500
Again, more problems with the rebuilt Weber DGV
5A.  The unit is rebuilt carefully with the
throttle plates now realigned and everything
spotless.  Yet, there are still problems; mixture
too rich, difficult start when cold, impossible
start when warm, etc...

When disassembling for the last rebuild, I
noticed that the jets looks as thought hey have
been cleaned rather harshly [e.g., with wire
rather than chemicals and air].  Perhaps theya re
just too far gone to be reliable.

I am tempted to just buy another DGV and replace
this one but I hate hemmoraging more cash on this
car.  I'm only going to sell it.  The original
manifold and carb are long gone so I am kinda
stuck.

Frustrated,

rick / Tulsa, OK

Check out the new British Cars Forum: