Re: HEATERS, LSD'S & FRONT SUSPENSION

Subject: Re: HEATERS, LSD'S & FRONT SUSPENSION
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 09:09:18 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"scott@scottjgraham.com" wrote:

> Would appreciate feedback from fellow listers on 3 topics:
>
> Heater:  From prior postings, seems I have found a Bugeye heater system and a
>Midget heater system - either of which can be had reasonably priced. Question
>- will the Midget heater fit my Bugeye? Also, is there any functional
>difference between the two?

To the best of my knowledge, they are all quite similar, if not exactly
similar, up until 1966, Sprite and Midget.

> LSD:  I am looking for an LSD and have found 3 TranX LSD's at reasonable
>prices. It reads like a good LSD - any f you had personal experience with the
>TranX (MiniMania product).

Dunno about that one

> Telescopic Front Conversion:  I've read a lot of very positive feedback on
>the UK sourced Frontline kit but heard nothing of the Speedwell Engineering
>kit. Anyone out there on the list with a POV on Speedwell vs. Frontline?

If you are in the states, your best bet is to contact Peter Caldwell at World
Wide Imports 800-362-1025. He will sell you (gasp) the CORRECT parts, built to
YOUR specifications/needs. Honestly, why drill and butcher your car to accept
an after market part,
when Peter can make the proper one do what you want it to do. DO NOT BY
APPLE!!! ONLY accept Peter Caldwell shocks.
No financial interest, just one VERY happy customer. I have heard all sorts of
things about him over the years. When it came time to redo the front suspension
in our 68 Sprite, I called Peter. I asked if I should replace the rear as well
(most sellers would
give you a resounding YES!, more sales you know) but Peter assured me that they
rarely go out, so just the fronts is fine. I will not quote his prices on list,
but I am sure that they will be better than purchasing a U.K. Frontline kit and
shipping,
especially with the dollar to pound exchange rate right now. As the Ed
Voldemort would say, were he not in exile forever, K.I.S.S. Buy what fits, and
put it on, rather than drill and stress your lower A arm where it was not
designed to be load bearing.

Just my 2 pence, YMMV

Brad

Check out the new British Cars Forum: