RE: Camping at Watkins

To: "Glenn" <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Camping at Watkins
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:52:11 -0400
i'm unable to run at the glen this year as it preceeds the elkhart lake WI.
event the very next weekend wich i have been planning for over the last 4-5
months or so.  or i'd be there doing my standard SVRA pest controll duties
in group 1 with the 2 stroke saab.
camping at the track has some advantages!  why?  there are as lot of
spectators over around the boot area and they are well equipped with
beverages if ya run  out!  and if yet get "trashed"(like that could ever
accidently happen?) you can walk home as opposed to driving anywhere in
that condition!
be certain you head to seneca lodge to spectate for the recreation race on
the original course!  they really pour it on going up the hill past the
lodge parking lot !  the sounds "there" are great!  and if you get into the
lodge bar(who would ever do a thing like that?) check the right bar mirror
for the "Speed Research and Restoration" decal affixed to the mirror!  yup!
i've been there!  *grin*

chuck.

active on some of the others.  No vintage race car, yet, but there is
always hope.  My MGB V8 conversion is a lot of fun, but hardly vintage
racing material.  This would actually be our first "vintage race" event.

> My wife and I are going to try to get down to Watkins for most of this
weekend..  Since I'm sure all the hotels / B&Bs etc. are long since booked
for this weekend, we are probably going to spend a couple of nights in a
tent.

> It looks like there are two choices, tenting at the track, or at the KOA
campground.  It looks like the track is primarily set up for RVs.

> Does anyone have experience with tenting at either place and would like
to offer up an opinion?

> Thanks,

Check out the new British Cars Forum: