Re: brakes locking up

To: TeachJP@aol.com
Subject: Re: brakes locking up
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:31:10 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
On Sunday 12 September 2004 11:42 am, TeachJP@aol.com wrote:
>  By the time I got home the front left brake
> was smoking really badly, its two hours later and things in that part of
> the world are still pretty hot.   Any ideas?

My guess is that flex hose to calipers has collapsed internally.  You press
the pedal but the fluid can't return,  hence the brakes won't release.  My
guess the flex hoses were on the car when you got it.

My advice is replace the two in the front and the one in the back.  Any
listers want to second my guess.

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget

"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting " holy sh*t...what
a ride!"

Check out the new British Cars Forum: