RE: Emission info help- no LBC

To: "gerard" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: RE: Emission info help- no LBC
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:48:06 -0700
Cc: "Owner spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Gerard,

If your car has an EGR valve, that may be the culprit.  The purpose of the
EGR valve is to lower the combustion temperatures in the engine, which
lowers the amount of NO produced.

A couple of years ago my truck failed SMOG for NO because the vacuum hose
running to the EGR valvle had a hole in it--I replaced the hose and it
passed.

We have had the "rolling SMOG checks" down here for several years now 8(

Bert.