Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival this weekend

To: "Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival this weekend
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:31:34 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hey youse guys...

I'll be arriving Thursday mid afternoon. (The clock in my head says I'm
leaving by noon... the clock on the wall is usually a few hours late on race
departure.) I'm not planning on practicing Fri... but that could change. No
specific turf has been set aside, but I will make an attempt to hoard a
significant amount of space by laying out orange cones. Look me up when you
get there. If you'd like me to save you  some specific space, speak up now.

I just dropped Redrum's motor in after aclutch change, rear seal change, oil
pump change, and bearing inspection. I need to swap out the 4.5 for the 4.2
dif, and then I'm race ready. I hope to have a little extra time to get Red
Arse ready for touring.

Team Thicko is a (semi) sponsor of the enduro, dubbed "THE Thicko", which
stands for "Tortoise Hare Enduro". I had considerd some sort of handicap
format, but, after I saw that Shirley had pegged the price for the enduro at
$75 (whew), I 've decided  not to dick around with the format. Thicko
Village will be the site of the enduro luncheon, where we'll be serving "Son
of Secretariat". The whole purpose of our involvement in addition to our
usual tireless self-promotion is to further infiltra.. I mean, get to know
and socialize with some of the groups we don't often mingle with.

All enduro entrants will get a 6" full color logo sticker, and additional
quantities will be made available for the club to sell, in case you want
one. The enduro lunch is 12-1 on Sat, with the enduro starting at 1, so,
time will be tight. There's going to be a lot of people in the VIllage, and
mucho food will need to be prepared, so I can use all the help I can get.
So, please step up and volunteer...we'll need you and any other help you can
drag along. Also, if you have any tables and extra coolers, we can use them.

We will aslo be having our usual Thicko extravaganza Sat., and all are
invited (that means you Spridgeteers too, ok?) Also, please invite any of
the Group 6 folks you meet at the enduro lunch, and also any corner & safety
workers, please.

Since Elmo, the Thicko Minister of FOod & Beverage will not be attending,
we'll need to coordinate party fixin's and animal sacrifice. Porassik Parker
Stevenson is bringing charcoal & lighter fluid. We need meat for the grille,
chips, beer & soda,bags of ice,  paper plates & utensils. Please remember to
get Sam's Club sized portions of whatever you're bringing... we usually have
lots of folks, and burn through lots of stuff.

I'd like to take a moment to thank Peter the Parts Pimp & family, Hopper,
Fast Eddie, Tutone, and Dr. Nancy for their efforts last Sat. at the Casa
Del Flounder. We sorted through a few tons of Spridget parts, purged, boxed,
or gave away a bunch of sh*t.

See you at the track.

WST
Flounder