Re: Datsun Tranny

To: Mark Endicott <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Subject: Re: Datsun Tranny
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:44:06 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Mark Endicott wrote:
> I think I have found a Datsun 210 five speed in a junk yard not too far
> from me.  The yard doesn't remove anything so I would have to go take it
> out. Can anybody tell me what it takes to remove it from a 24 year old
> car?  I assume it comes out from the bottom, what tools would I need, etc?

Maek

I pulled 2 out of Datsuns in the junk yard with some basic tools.
Not exactly sure what metric sizes, like 10, 13, 14, maybe 15, and 17mm
wrenches, pliers and screwdrivers.
Be sure to grab the drive shaft or atleast the front yoke and the speedo
cable.
It's pretty easy. Ask if the yard can raise the car up on a stack of old
tires or something so you can get under it.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Check out the new British Cars Forum: