Midget Boombox

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget Boombox
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:09:06 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
I got tired of my temperamental AM/FM pushbutton radio in my Midget. It
didn't work very well if at all. I pulled my console out to see what I could
do about it, but, as you all know, it is hard to find anything that will fit
there. About then I remembered Frank's speaker shelf for his Bugeye. So I
built myself a speaker shelf for my Midget. I also used a 2x4 for the front
edge of it and mounted a Jensen AM/FM/Cassette into it so that it can be
accessed through the gap between the seats. I mounted four speakers and an
antenna onto it and used a 4-conductor trailer plug to supply power and
ground. When it needs to come out, all I have to do is to unplug the one
connector and slide it out. Very convenient. I left the old radio in the
console because I didn't want to have to buy a blanking plate and I figured
most thieves would stop looking when they saw that. Nice to hear some tunes
as I drive. I posted a description and some pictures at
http://rmidget.home.comcast.net/radio.html if you want to see it.
David Lieb

Check out the new British Cars Forum: