RE: Barrett-Jackson Car Search!!

To: "'Greg Higgins'" <higgs6@cogeco.ca>
Subject: RE: Barrett-Jackson Car Search!!
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 19:09:31 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Had you seen the "rest of the story" the car was one of the cars used in the
movie The Italian Job.  I don't think they said it was an original restored
car.  The value in the car was as a movie star not as an original show car.
The team paid $5k for so they did really good in getting what they did for
it. Last year Barrett-Jackson got $250K for a copy of a fake Shelby used in
the movie Gone in 60 seconds, By the way thanks for ruining the show for me
as it doesn't come on here for another 1 1/2 hrs.
                Crash

Listers

I was channel surfing tonight and happen to come across the tail end of the
Barrett-Jackson car search on Speed Vision.
The last item up for bid was an original restored 1963 Mini Cooper, that got
my attention. If any of you have seen this episode, you know Craig Jackson,
Team L.A.and Team Georgia know "Squat" when it comes to British Cars.
(can I say that and not be fined and loose 25 points?)

The biggest thing that stuck out was this original 1963 Mini Cooper had
windup
windows,fender signal lamps, an alternator!! This 1963 Mini sure wasn't like
the one I use to own, with siding windows and pull cords to open the doors.

I could go on but I won't, someone did pay $21.500.00. A member of team L.A.
figured the owner had put about $50.000 into this car on the restoration.
What
a pile of B.S.

I think if we put together a team from this list, we would do a lot better
then those clowns.
My 2 cents

Greg Higgins

Check out the new British Cars Forum: