Re: oil smoke 2004 09:55:54 -0700

To: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu (Glen Byrns)
Subject: Re: oil smoke 2004 09:55:54 -0700
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:18:20 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
"Ignoring the tight clearances you requested"?

If this is the case Glen, they owe you
another valve job. I think we can assume
Dave Anton knows his business, type of
valve guide notwithstanding. No reason
I can think of that you should not have
gotten what you ordered and paid for.

If there was any disagreement, this should
have been discussed and settled upon  before they did the job. Agreeing
with
you beforehand, then doing whatever
"they" think is right is a "no, no".

How many miles you got on the new
motor, anyway? Does the oil stay "clean"
or is it getting "dark" almost immediately
after you change it? What kind of piston
rings are you running?

Fr'instance, "Total Seal" are fine for high
rpm work (low-tension and thin for less
drag at hi revs) but a set of these, rather
than just the 2nd ring (combo compression/scraper) will allow for less
oil control at lower ("normal" street) rpm's.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: