Still leaking oil

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Still leaking oil
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:04:54 -0400
I have an oil leak out of the head between the block/head carb side on
my Sprite. I replaced the head gasket last year, it still leaked.
I was told my head studs are probably stretched so I invested in APT
studs and installed them as per the instructions in freshly countersunk
holes in the block. I used a new head gasket with the new studs and it
still leaks just as bad. Not just a drip, it LEAKS! enough to blow on
the exhaust manifold and make smoke, enough to make you think you lost a
qt after each drive.
Does anybody have any ideas?
The engine is vented via PCV from the intake. (1275)

Now does anybody have a clue as to why the points carboned up on my big
healey? 600 miles since new. Tonight I went to move it and as it was
warming up (cause these tanks spit and cough when cold) it just shut
off. After 2 hours of messing, I popped the dizzy to find badly carboned
up points. a little sandpaper and it was fine. But I did the rotor,
condenser, coil, traced the ignition wire even though I had a spark at
the points, set them again in place too.
Maybe I put too many miles on it ;)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ