Re: fuel gauge/sender

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: fuel gauge/sender
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:22:54 -0400
The fuel gauges used in our Spridgets are a type of D'Arsonval meter that
simply measures changes in current.  The sending unit is simply a variable
resistor that passes differing amounts of current based on the level of the
gas in the tank.  Reversing the wiring won't hurt either the gauge or the
sending unit.  Early and late sending units are reversed for full and empty
conditions and the gauge won't work correctly if you wire it backwards or
use the wrong sending unit.

I think your sending unit is bad Phil.

Rick
'59 & '61 Sprites