Re: Dual Circuit Master Cylinder

To: John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Subject: Re: Dual Circuit Master Cylinder
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:20:47 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
This usually requires a modified set of very long and narrow needle
nose pliers. The important thing is not to score the inside of the
bore while removing the clip. The is not an area that can be sleeved,
Rebuilding these is not for the faint-hearted or the weekend mechanic
(in my opinion). It's best to have the bore sleeved and if the
pushrod portion of the piston is not perfectly smooth and highly
polished, kit will leak through your front seal anyway. From my
experience, that usually ius damaged by the time you get that nylon
washer removed. I've done over a dozen of these so I know the drill.

I have sleeved rebuilt spares if you find you don't have a viable one.

Gerard

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb

http://www.gerardsgarage.com/FS_Garage.htm

Check out the new British Cars Forum: