Retorquing Head

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Retorquing Head
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:27:07 -0500
Hey All,

I'm gonna retorque the head on the '78 today.  It's been about three years
since I've done it, and forgot the procedure.  Should I

1) loosen all the studs, then retorque them all,

2) loosen and retorque one at a time.

OR

3) just retorque, and do not bother with loosening.

WHAT'S THE RETORQUING PATTERN I NEED TO FOLLOW?????

Then it's valve adjustment..

And anyone with the 1500 remember how to loosen/tighten the hard to reach
exhaust/intake studs?  I used to have a special wrench I bent and ground to
fit, but I can't find it and can't remember what it looks like.

Tks,

Mike

'78 Spitfidget

Check out the new British Cars Forum: