Re: NLBC-Old car & plane parts

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: NLBC-Old car & plane parts
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 08:04:19 -0800
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi Bob,

My sister has one of those mounted on the wall of her home.  It's from an
early Aircoupe and it has a crack in it.  A reminder of how lucky she is.

She had just been taken for her first plane ride and in the excitement of
getting out and off the low wing plane, she jumped off the leading edge and
got whacked on the head by the unseen prop on an idling engine.  Still has
the scar from a huge flap of skin torn loose from her scalp and forehead.
Survived without a stay in the hospital.  Prop cracked.

Was a lucky day for her.

Paul A