LJC help...

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: LJC help...
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:38:13 -0600
Hello all,

I'm looking to the knowledge of the list to maybe help me solve a problem
with my '97 Honda Accord.   The check engine light came on, and when I
hooked the OBD2 scanner up, there was only one error listed, and it was
P0740, which maps out to "Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Malfunction".  I
did some Google-whacking, and was too happy with the stuff I found.  It
seems in most cases that when you take your car to the dealer with this
problem, the cure is a new transmission!

The Haynes manual is silent on torque converters in the Accord, I can't find
any mention of it at all.   Who out there has knowledge and/or experience
with Honda transmissions?  My first thought is to flush the transmission
fluid, clear the error, and see if it comes back.  Any help or
recommendations are appreciated!

Greg Gowins

'69 Sprite

'97 Honda