Re: Master Cylinder rebuild

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder rebuild
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:20:01 -0500
On Thursday 04 November 2004 11:22 pm, William M. Gilroy wrote:

The common answer was to use a grease gun.  So I looked around my garage than
this is what I found.  I found a grease nipple what was 1/4x28 on the
threaded end.  For the master cylinder I found a 3/8" fuel line that had the
connector still  attached.  I liberated the connector and that fit into the
MC.  I found a 1/4x20 (?) nut. I ran a 1/4x28 tap through it to sort of make
the grease nipple fit.  The nut was to small for the hole in the fuel line
fitting so I welded a washer on top of the fuel line fitting then the nut on
to the washer, then I welded the grease fitting into the nut.

I put that onto the MC cylinder and was able to push the plunger right out.
My welding skills still need to be honed.  I had a few holes in this stack of
stuff that I welded together.  So as I was pumping the grease into the MC, it
was coming out of these little holes.  It looked like a fuzzy pumper barber
shop.  See the pictures below.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2gqdt/auto_index.html

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget

"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting " holy sh*t...what
a ride!"