Re: what part is this?

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: what part is this?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:00:52 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Skip -

Never mind about he 1500-specific Haynes manual.  The one I was thinking
of is a reprint of the original BL manual - Part No: AKD 4071 B.  You
can get it from accessory-center.com for less than I've seen it
elsewhere (or check eBay from time ot time).

For the parts, Moss carries a Repair Kit (part no 181-995) for about $7
which I think includes the seals you need.  This will get the job done
if the valve body isn't scored or pitted.  If the valve body is scored
or pitted, figure on either shelling out big bucks for a new assembly
($518 form Moss) or having the valve sleeved in brass or stainless steel.

Chris K.