Re: Welding wire

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Welding wire
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:33:06 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wednesday 17 November 2004 09:15 pm, Charles Christ wrote:
> question oh burning through steel one?
> is it an alloy wire?  solid or flux type?  what makes this stuff work where
> the previous stuff did not?  and what was your prior wire size, same or
> bigger?
>
> chuck
> inquiring minds wanna know?

Prior wire size 0.025, standard MIG wire, non-flux
The J.W. Harris comes only in 0.030

The J.W. Harris 20 gauge wire has a flux/powder core but you use it with a gas
shielding, 25%/75%.   This stuff is grey and my regular MIG wire is copper
colored.   Not sure why it works, but I got good results.  If I practice for
a bit I think this stuff will work well.  I paided $11 for a 2lb spool.

The guy at the welding place said I was the only one to ever call  or purchase
the wire. He said that he was really impressed with the salesman's demo, that
is why they took a case of the stuff.

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget

"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting " holy sh*t...what
a ride!"