Door substitution 1966 AHS for MG ? 2004.11.20.26 0, __CT 0, __CTYPE_CHA

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Door substitution 1966 AHS for MG ? 2004.11.20.26 0, __CT 0, __CTYPE_CHARSET_QUOTED 0, __CT_TEXT_PLAIN 0, __EUDORA_MSGID 0, __EUDORA_MUA 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HAS_X_MAILER 0, __MIME_VERSION 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 20:21:51 -0500
I am currently restoring a 1966 AHS. It is completely dismantled and in the
process of receiving patch panels, etc. I have a spare set of doors that
came in a lot of parts I purchased and one of them is better than the door
I took off the car. The spare parts door is from a MG Midget so I have a
lot of trim holes to fill. The doors look the same except for one thing.
There is an extra piece of sheet metal about 1 inch wide and the length of
the transition section between the door top and the door hinge side that is
affixed to the passenger compartment side of the door. Do I need to remove
that for the Sprite or just leave it there? Now is the time to remove it
before painting and patching is finished if need be. btw, I noticed that
all four doors I have are cracked due to flexing on both ends of the window
opening hole - I'll bet most doors crack there.

Liquid Nitrogen - try your local University, community college, research
facility or hospital.

Thinking of cold things, did you ever see the web site where a prof. from
Purdue named George Gobel lights a charcoal fire using liquid oxygen? He
claims the record for quick starting charcoal. Of course the grill
completely melted in the process. The process is quite spectacular. Good
thing liquid oxygen isn't readily available! George had to take his web
site down in 2003 at the request of the "higher powers."

Tim
Dollar Bay, MI