Bracing - now Electric Vest

To: Dbcooper292@aol.com, PilotRob@webtv.net, kentmclean@mindspring.com
Subject: Bracing - now Electric Vest
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:46:49 -0600
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net iAUIphAC018200
>-- Original Message --
>
>> Yeah, Mark...
>>
>> ....get a heated vest wired by Lucas!!!

This is actually a subject I know a great deal about - my other passion
besides vintage cars and motorcycles is endurance motorcycle riding (see
www.ironbutt.org) and as such I've ridden tens of thousands of miles wearing
heated clothing.

I will tell you this - don't buy one unless you never want to go back.

After I got my first electric vest, I never saw motorcycling again - it'll
be the same for anyone riding in a top down car in the fall/winter.

Of all the heated clothing on the market, two companies are far and away
the leaders - Aerostich and Widder.  Aerostich makes lots of riding related
apparel and equipment, Widder makes only electric clothing.  Find them here:

www.widder.com

and here:

http://www.aerostich.com
(look for "Kanetsu Electric Vest and Liner", the 9th item down in the first
column, under "Off and Riding")

Aerostich also makes their vest in a fleece jacket variant which might fill
the bill for some folks better.

I have used vests from each company, widder and aerostich, for many, many
miles - I choose Widder because of their exclusive "arm chaps" & gloves
which are a significant advantage for motorcyclists, but probably less
noteworthy
for drivers.

I am fortunate in that my vintage car, a BMW Bavaria has the hottest heater
known to man...

dj