Re: The Camaro and Berkeley in Hot Rod Magazine...

To: kturk@ala.net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The Camaro and Berkeley in Hot Rod Magazine...
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:07:37 EST
In a message dated 12/3/04 2:57:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:
> There is a big write up about our efforts this year at Bonneville.... it's
> really all about the Camaro and putting the editor of Hot Rod in the 200mph
> club.... but hey it's got a Berkeley in it so it's really sorta semi LBC
> sorta
> kinda and in a way.....

Hey man, congratulations!!!  I saw the article this afternooon--kind of funny
how that developed.  I work in a school and was sitting at the front desk
talking with a teacher who was sitting there with me when they brought boucoups
of mail in and laid it on the desk.  In the stack was the Library's copy of Hot
Rod magazine.   I pulled it out and looked at the cover and noticed in the
upper right corner of the cover was a Camaro and something about the "Land
Speed
Record".  I pointed to the notation and told the teacher "I know a guy who
runs at the Bonneville Salt Flats" and commenced to tell her what little I knew
of your runs there.  Then I opened the mag and turned to the page relating to
the article and said something like "I'll be damned, the article is about the
guy I know!"   Well I don;t actually know you, but we have corresponded on
here, and I feel great that you, youre wife,and your team were noted in Hot
Rod.
Good Show!!  And what a GREAT workshop!!!   8^)

--David C.