Rear cantalever shock question

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear cantalever shock question
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 04:06:31 EST
The rear shocks on my Bugeye are of course of the cantalever or lever type.
Are these fairly easy to rebuild?  Do they have a decent lifespan?  They seem
to actually be a pretty simple design based on the hydraulic action of the oil
that resides within?

Seems to me, and correct me if I be wrong - that if they are rebuilt with new
seals and are filled with the correct weight of oil - they would basically be
as good as new?

Thanks so much to everyone who has helped and made my purchase of my first
Bugeye that much easier to understand!

Kirk