Re: King pins

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: King pins
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:55:01 -0800 reply-type=response
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Thanks Peter,

Now thats good, hard data.  I'll go home tonight and remeasure and retest to
look for loosness in the bottom fit.
We usually think that our car is mostly 'original' when we buy it, but who
truly knows what the heck some PO did as far as matching/mis-matching parts
over the 45 year history of a car.
I could easily believe that some PO hybridized the bushings to accomodate
whatever kin pins he could get when in need many years ago.

Peter actually has one each of the two different parts and  actually
measured them to produce the numbers below.

Glen Byrns