rebuild time?!

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: rebuild time?!
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 05:54:24 -0800
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Hello RBHouston,

       this was a decision that i too faced..... when the oil
       consumption got to the point of 1 qt, per tank of gas, what
       little enviornmental conscience that i have made me serioulsly
       consider a rebuild.... plus, i was never comfortable taking the
       car more than 10 -> 15 miles from home, (no further than i
       could walk home in a day) ...... it would take me most of a
       lifetime to amortize the engine rebuild cost, over the oil
       cost, but (for me) there were other considerations. .. i spent
       the money, and am GLAD I DID!!!!!! ... even with over $1600 in
       parts alone! the engine was THAT bad, even tho it ran fine, and
       fired right up every time. ... .. and besides my oil cost going
       down, my FUEL MILEAGE went up, from 12 -> 15 mpg to about 28
       mpg.... .. the five speed got me up to about 33 mpg on an
       average tank, ... ... will i ever amortize these two "upgrades"
       in petroleum product costs... NO!!!!!! but my enjoyment of
       driving the car as already more than paid off. ....!!!!!!!

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com