rear sway bar....

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: rear sway bar....
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:39:24 -0800
Hello spridgets,

      as far as "theory" goes.....

      a front sway bar is cure oversteer, a rear sway bar for
      understeer. (loose, or tight respectively for the
      NASCARites)....

      since spritgets tend toward oversteer, (at least after they went
      to 1/2 eliptical springs instead of 1/4's in the BE and early
      SB's (square bodies) a small front sway bar is all that should
      be needed for "neutrality", .. however, one could install a
      front sway bar that is too large, (the advice given to me for my
      '66 was to go for the 5/8" bar NOT the 3/4 or 7/8) it would then
      be advantageous to have a small rear sway bar. .......

      soooooo.... skip the rear bar, get the right front bar, and
      motor on! (my 2 cents)

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com