2 speed wiper motor in a BE

To: <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 2 speed wiper motor in a BE
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:00:10 -0500 reply-type=original
My bugeye has the wiper motor from a late midget with two speeds.  I am
rewiring the entire car with an original bugeye harness which of course only
provides for a single speed wiper.

The two speed motor has blue/green and brown/green wiring which I have
determined are the wiper speed connections.  The black ground and green.
The wire that has me confused is red/green.

Can someone give me an idea of what it is for and any tips on how to wire
the motor to the orig. harness.  At the current time I am using only an
on/off dash switch.  Do you think it's better to wire up the fast speed?

Thanks.

Phil Nase
http://home.ptd.net/~nase