Re: Datsun Trans Lube

To: "Mike MacLean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Datsun Trans Lube
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:35:00 -0800
Factory manual calls for 2 1/2 pints of GL-4 gear oil.  For temps from -20F
to 100F 80W-90.

I've used synthetic and didn't like it in warm weather freeway driving.  It
go so the synchros would barely work.  My preference by a large margin is
the GL-4 conventional gear oil.  At temps below zero, I find it a bit stiff
but is OK in a couple of miles.

Recommended change interval is every 15,000 miles or every 12 months.  I
usually go triple that weith no problems.

Been using Datsun 5 speeds for about 500,000 miles now in my Morris.  On my
secnd gearbox,

FWIW, Paul A