Was: Why Not? Now: Vive l'France

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, cyrille@hp.com
Subject: Was: Why Not? Now: Vive l'France
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 11:48:06 -0500
Cyrille:

Thanks for that interesting information.  See what one can learn from the
Spridgets group?!

It sounds as though French liberalism is more a reflection of classical
liberal economics, which in the U.S. is the foundation for the thinking of
those conservatives whose mental activity is not limited to a 60 cycle hum
and an invitation to step out back into the parking lot.

I hope you don't get too much flaming email in response, however.
You know, we Americans are STILL not drinking French wine!  ;-)

JohnD

Bumper sticker: War is not the answer!

Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:54:14 -0700
From "de Brebisson, Cyrille (Calculator Division)" <cyrille at hp.com>
Subject: RE: Why Not?

Hello,

Funny you give this definition.
In fact, in france, librals are the peoples that think that free market
should rule, that health care and retirement should be individuals own
business and that the state should not interfeer in it, that France
country should impose it's views and vision on the rest of the world.
Conservatives (like me) are the peoples that think that the governement
should take care of the peoples in needs, help the unemployed, that it
is agaisnt the greater good to have company and corporations decide what
is good for the peoples (that it should be in the hands of the people
represented by the government), that health care, minimal livign
standard and wages and retirement should be garantied for everyone (we
do not have working poor not trailers park over there BTW)....

Ho, and BTW, we also have weapons control, no in school shooting,
violance is kept to a minimum (althrough lots of people want to ban
american TV series because of the violence they show), SIDA is minimum
(and you can get condoms in farmacy for 20cents), we do not have any
problems with drunken youth (and there is no ban on young people
drinking), and our cars get 40+MPG without even using hybrid
technology..... Thanks to what you would call conservatives....

Our state budget has education as it's top expenditure (not military)
followed by social services... Miliraty comes in 8th position....

Ho, and we are at peace with the rest of the word too....

Cyrille....