Re: trunk replacement

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: trunk replacement
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 20:04:56 -0600
Cc: TMHEFFRON@aol.com, spritenut@exit109.com, rrivenbark@cfl.rr.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> This came as part of a message from a friend today....could be LBC
>
> What a great blast from the past! I haven't thought about "fender  skirts"
> in years. When I was a kid, I considered it such a funny term. Made  me
> think of a car in a dress.

My Dad called his "pants"
> Thinking about "fender skirts"

 Any kids  will probably have to find some elderly
> person over 50 to explain some of these  terms to you.

> When did we quit calling them "emergency brakes?"  At some point
> "parking brake" became the proper term. But I miss the hint of  drama that
> went with "emergency brake."

Me too

> I'm sad, too, that almost all  the old folks are gone who would call the
> accelerator the "foot  feed."
restored a Model t with my Pops.. I KNOW why its called a foor feed :)
 can you imagine some one learning to drive with te accelerator on the
column, and then some one saying,, hey look, we gonna pu this on the
floor :) lol?

> Didn't you ever wait at the street for your daddy to come home,  so you
> could ride the "running board" up to the  house?

Hmmm you dont wanna know what my (passed Dad) and his 90 year old
Friend (now my psuedo Dad) would talk about what the big fenders and
running boards were for <BFG>

Robert, thanks for the nostalgia