RE: NO LBC, OGC instead

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, "Gerard" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: RE: NO LBC, OGC instead
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:30:56 -0500
a very stoudt car!  but they have some very very rust prone areas!  most of
the tin is available to fix one though!   the drive shaft universals do
wear out and by this time they could be pretty "delicate".   they use the
rubber doughnuts with the steel sleves in them for universal joints.  if
memory works on this there was the '55 or 56' model wich looks identical
but the trim is not exactly the same in it'd material make up.
amazingly lots of parts are still available right from germany from
mercedes.  not a cheap proposition yet repairable.  as far as mechanical
oddities i'm not first hand well versed.   although....i think master
caldwell has inner and outer rockers as well as outer floor skin sections
(now how could i possibly.....now if he only found an owner of an audi 100
that is restoring one! boy does he have tin fer onna dem!)

chuck.